Skip to main content

tashas buyout – Sideris family buys back their legacy to grow

By August 25, 2020June 19th, 2023News, Transactions

Bravura acted as Corporate Advisor to the Sideris family in acquiring full ownership of the boutique café brand, tashas, from Famous Brands.

tashas was established in 2005 by Natasha Sideris, partnered by Savva Sideris, her brother. In 2008 a 51% shareholding in tashas was sold to Famous Brands, while the Sideris family continued to hold the remaining 49% of shares. At the time the business comprised two restaurants which have since grown into a significant network comprising seventeen restaurants in South Africa, four in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi.

Famous Brands believes that its role in the growth trajectory of tashas, which formed one of the group’s signature brands, is now complete. Darren Hele, Famous Brand CEO states that they are proud to have contributed to and shared in the Sideris legacy. “A three year-strategic roadmap for Famous Brands includes a narrower focus on international expansion. Natasha and her brother, Savva’s passion for the successful expansion of the tashas footprint in the Middle East market is an opportune moment for us to hand over to them to take the tashas journey forward.”

For Natasha Sideris and the Sideris family, they regard the journey with Famous Brands as having been fruitful and positive. Natasha Sideris says, “We worked closely with Famous Brands to lay a solid administrative foundation for the company and our growth internationally moving forward. The past eleven years of our partnership will always be an important part of the brand’s legacy.  As tashas is my namesake, it has been a very emotional transaction for me and we are thrilled with the outcome. The significance going forward for the Sideris family is that we have been able to buy back our legacy in order to grow further, including an exciting future in international markets.”

Bravura is proud to have guided and advised this family-owned business on safeguarding their legacy and realising their goals.

Watch here: Bravura Holdings YouTube Channel